A Small Square Window

Through each one I have glimpsed the divine. I hope that you will too.

Name:

Truth is my way, and the Light is my home... Now, if only I could find my way home.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Paramount, NY, 9:34 A.M.

In the morning tiny bells go off
that light a darkened path
Reluctant as pinpricks
dawn pierces sleep
with nimble fingers
I am unwoven
the rich yoke of slumber
unraveled thread by thread
until I am naked and glistening
standing before the newness
of another day
a tiny form birthed of white linen
and restless dreams

- from "A Night Without Armor" a book of poems by Jewel

3 Comments:

Blogger Yes said...

Nice vivid images. (Is this Jewel the singer?)
The "tiny bells" sound like my internal alarm clock, like someone shaking a tiny bell inside me. I wonder if Jewel has the same thing?

Wish me luck sleeping after seeing the scary damn picture on your profile (even scarier full size)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

yes, this is Jewel the singer.

hope you got a good night's rest, despite that unnerving little photo!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Yes said...

Actually, I had a good nights rest with bad dreams, which luckily I don't remember.
(My alarm clock this AM was my boss calling me.)

Thanks for the good wishes.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home